As a performing arts organization, we know that balancing income and expenses can be a tricky thing. Generating income also generally must fall into methods in line with your non-profit published mission in order to avoid any scrutiny from the IRS and the public. But there may just be ways to add a chunk of extra income to your bottom line using methods that are easily within reach.
For those considering the Arts People system for their ticketing, fundraising, marketing, database/CRM needs, the low costs of our system can often be offset by these means!
We’re creative people… let’s get to it!
Here’s some ideas:
- In selling your season package, have you considered that adding just an extra 25 or 50 package sales might bring in an extra $5000-10000 annually. Get your board involved, encourage your patrons to help you promote the packages, hold an annual season announcement event with a super special discount for attendees and get it done!
- Add options for season packages. If you currently sell a traditional subscription package, consider adding flex passes for more patron options and see how it increases your package sales. You could possibly add an additional $2500-5000 through this method.
- The print at home ticket design of the Arts People system allows you to customize the layout. Consider selling space on the ticket for a local business to print a coupon, or a sponsorship logo. This can be done creatively on a show by show basis, or for the entire season for more money, or both! Charge for that space and bring in an extra $2500-5000 or more annually.
- If you’re not booking sponsors of each production, you should. Exclusive single sponsor, or a few sponsors together for each show could bring in $15000 a year.
- What about a sponsorship specifically for your online buying experience. Sell an online season sponsorship and place the sponsor logo with a link to their business info on your Arts People customize-able public pages for an annual amount of $3000-4000. “Online transactions brought to you by….” Businesses love this type of exposure. You could do smaller levels of this also by having individual sponsors of the different transaction types… tickets, donations, membership, retail, passes, subscriptions, class enrollment, etc. Each path in the Arts People system has system messages where sponsor info credit could be displayed. Additionally, the confirmation emails can also be customized with text and images!
- Make sure you’re asking ticket buyers online to add a donation. The checkout screen has a customize-able area for a donation pitch. Use it! Encourage ticket buyers to add a small donation to their ticket purchase and bring in an extra $1000-2000 a year.
The above methods, if all successful, total between$29000 and $41000 yearly. Think that would help the bottom line? Get creative with your options and see the bottom line come up! This, along with added sales due to the easy to use online purchase process of the Arts People system, and you’ll find it can actually make you money, and be completely paid for in the process.